October 23-25, 2019 Warsaw
The 4th DRR aims to bring together leading academic scientists, researchers and young researchers to share their experiences, research results and questions about all aspects of Disaster Risk Reduction. It also provides the premier interdisciplinary forum for researchers and practitioners to present the most recent trends, practical challenges and the solutions for disaster risk reduction connected with natural hazard. In the fourth edition, we would like to focus on local problems and solutions highlighted in the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction (2015-2030), UNDRR.
Session topics will cover theoretical and practical issues of disaster risk reduction. There is a place for geographical physical and social issues as well as the risk reduction management in the context of natural hazards. Interdisciplinary approach is expected. We are looking forward to the discussion with your participation!
Keynote Speakers will include
- Prof. Lindsey McEwen (Professor of Environmental Management, Department of Geography and Environmental Management, University of the West of England);
- Prof. Peter Head (Global Risk Assessment Framework with UNDRR; GRAF/GAR advisory board);
- Dr. Koen van Dam (Imperial College Research London; the Urban Energy Systems group);
- Celina Kretkowska-Adamowicz: Specialist in the program of the Department of Humanitarian and Development Assistance, the Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH).
During the 4th DRR 2019 aspects relating to Disaster Risk Reduction will be regularly considered in the context of workshops. These meetings will to serve as an intensive forum for exchanging ideas, theories and practis.
We encourage promoting the International Day for Disaster Risk Reduction, on October 13, 2019. We are open to hear your action: a local, non-governmental organisations, and government, and all the right initiatives to reduce disaster risk. Welcome to the DRR 2019!
Topic: Local and regional aspects of the natural disasters risk reduction
City of conference: Warsaw, Poland
Conference date: October 23-25, 2019
Workshops: October 25, 2019
Abstracts: Please use abstract template
Oral presentation: 15 minutes
Poster size: A0 (841 x 1189 mm; 33.1 x 46.8 in)
International Poster Competition of the 4th DRR in Warsaw
The Poster Competition of the 4th DRR will celebrat the most remarkable posters created by authors.
International Jury will evaluated all posters presented durin 4th DRR based on the following assessment criteria:
- The scientific value (important, new)
- Quality of the information transfer.
- Attractiveness and actually of presented topic.
The competition offers an award for the top posters the exhibition. Winner of competition in 2019 the 4th DRR Conference in Warsaw is ivited to free access to 5th DRR Conference in Warsaw, in 2021. The complete list of awarded posters will publish on the web page of conference.